Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Al D TV is good


The Internet killed the TV star. This is the golden age, when any bozo with a digital camera and a little know-how can throw themselves online for the masses to consume. So of course, the world has been flooded by terabytes of amateur schlock that makes the worst of public access television seem like golden globe material. And just when you think things can’t get any worse, a rare gem is unearthed--like Al D TV…where the “D” stands for “Dangerous.”

Hailing from China, Al D’s broken English, off beat method and eccentric fashion sense provide for fantastically entertaining interviews. Producer Colin Askey provides short film segments that are…well, as Al would say, “Simpry brilliant.” One such segment involves a ninja attack, another, a drug deal gone sour. The segments don’t usually have anything to do with entertainment journalism, they are just--entertaining.

To date Al D TV has interviewed such artists as the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Hot Hot Heat, Weird Al Yankovic, The Constantines, Lamb of God, Fall Out Boy, Pride Tiger, and many more. Judging by the drive and quality of the content, the show is sure to grow in popularity. Al D has all the makings of classic journalistic character, among the ranks of Nardwuar, Hunter S Thompson and Ed the Sock. Yes, he is that adorable.

So enough about me, here’s Al D. Watch one of the episodes and you will truly appreciate Al’s Engrish. There is so much more I could say about how great the show is, but hey…, why don’t you see for yourself?

TD: What inspired you to create Al D TV?

AL : I always love the fresh air , Because Fresh air made me healthy and happy, Since the music industry and entertainment industry smells shitty these years , Only few groups out there still make fresh air to people, That's why I and my friend Colin Askey decide to make fresh air by ourselves in order to make everybody healthy and happy. And we want to make ourselves happy and healthy as well.

TD: You wrote for rolling stone China. What has been your journey through journalism thus far?

AL: At first I write a magazine called X music magazine, I interviewed alot of Nu-metal bands at that time, And then my life became shitty and shittier, So I began listen to lots more death metal and black metal, Since my music taste becames heavier and heavier, I began write for a very famous Asian heavy metal magazine called Painkiller. Later on, My friend becames Executive editor of Rolling Stone Chinese edition, He asked me to write an article about King Kong, Since King Kong is my hero, I know a lot of things about King Kong, And then from there, I started writing for Rolling Stone, I interviewed Rob Zombie, Chino from Deftones and several musicians for them.

TD: What's the story behind the fake microphone? (He uses a big paper mache microphone...it is useless.)

AL: One day I almost killed myself in the pacific ocean due to my love life sucks, But when I almost drowned myself in the ocean, There is a voice shout at me, "AL D, YOUR TIME IS COME: And then I was in the
coma, When I wake up, There is a microphone show up to my hand, I love it very much.

TD: Give Laser Face a short poem, on any subject.

AL: Hey girl, I love you , Even you don't have any makeups on your face, I still want to make love with you, Because you are truly beautiful.

TD: What is the most beautiful thing in your world?

AL: This is a very difficult question, Because my mood change every minute, for example, after my mom give me some money, I feel like I have the most supportive mom in the world, My mom is beautiful, But when
my mom doesn't allow me bring girls sleep at my room, And then I have to send girls back to their home. At that moment I hate my mom. So there is no beautiful thing in my world, because things change every moment.

TD: Is your show helping you and your friends with the ladies?

AL: Yes, These days so many young ladies start flash their tits to me when I am in the party, I was like "Ladies, Behavior!"

TD: Who is Colin Askey?

AL: Colin Askey is a Canadian undercover model, who also is a very talented filmmaker. He is a very good friend of mine, but his mind is so fucked, sometimes I have to get his goddamn mind straight so that he can work it out. He often helps me clean my mind as well. Basically we are each other's therapist.

TD: Your skits are hilarious! Who comes up with the ideas?

AL: What does Skits mean? Ha-ha. I guess Skits are those short intro films before my interviews, right? Most of those short films created by Colin Askey. He is a genius.

TD: What are your goals for Al D TV?

AL: ALDTV played on TV, so I and Colin can have decent income to enjoy the life, hahaha. And we hope we can bring love, happiness and peaceful innocent mind to the people. I hope everybody stops love Raymond, I hope everybody starts love AL D TV.

TD: What interviews are coming down the road?

AL: Haha, visit http://www.myspace.com/aldtv. We put bands what we interviewed in the past on top friend list. But we will also put bands who confirmed to do our interviews on the top friend list as well. I think
Shiny Toy Guns might do my interview tomorrow, I just hang out with them at backstage, and they are so nice! And I will interview "Weird Al" Yankovic on Friday, thank you Teresa!

TD: We have the same last name (Tony Deviant).

AL: Yes, We are all dangerous, Ladies love dangerous men. An outlaw touches ladies just like banker touches gold, Remember that, Man!

TD: If you came home one day, and Sean Connery was making love to your girlfriend, he then looks at you and asks with that sly Connery tone "Oh! You're home you handsome devil How would you like to star in my next movie?" What would you do?

AL: I would say "Ok, I would love to starring in your next movie, but you have to add a orgy scene that I make love with all your
granddaughters. "Anyway, how many granddaughters does he have? Are they beautiful?

You are beautiful Al D.

www.aldtv.com

www.myspace.com/aldtv

2 comments:

Jeremy Brendan said...

Dug the interview, brotha. Only question would be how does Al D relate to Hunter S. Thompson?

Please explain, since he is one of my long-lost lovers.

Tony D said...

He is an eccentric journalist!