Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bitch vs Ego


Bitch vs Ego

I met a woman through the friend of a friend
Her body screamed “sex!” in the minds of most men

I loved her, the bitch
Won’t look me in the eye
I never say “bitch”
But think it all the time

In random encounters I followed her lead
Like an invisible mutt, beaten and peeing
The more she ignored me-the more I adored her
Nymphetic charms
But not for me
I’m special, I’m here, not bitter—oh no!
I followed her walk, I chased her bike
I spoke on philosophy into the night
Only the crickets were listening

I found her on New Years
Drunk on Midnight
My wit was sharp from whisky
She saw me, didn’t smile
And made out with a short bearded hippie
At midnight
Oblivious to my bitter suffering
It’s hard to be charming when drunk, angry and needy

I took the poison and poured it on paper
The bitch, the slut, the nymph
I hate her!
I played my guitar, I screamed at the stars
Made love to my hand, and then
Later
Started a band

She likes musicians, or so I found out
After my gig, she followed me home
She trekked 2k, in the rain to my door
Drenched and sexy
We fucked in my room, we fucked in a tub
We even fucked fireside on a bearskin rug
Her skills were superb, far better than mine

She could sing, she could think, she was full of delights
She’s not a bitch at all
And then, one day, she asked to go steady
The woman that tortured me wants a boyfriend
Me
The artists, musician, writer
So brave, so proud
I sent her a letter…an email
“I’m not boyfriend material.”
Sincerely, my ego

No comments: